Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Day 4 in Guangzhou

Hey guys! Oh my gosh- I can't believe that we're leaving in 2 DAYS! I am sort of excited but I'm really sad too. I really like it here and I'm really gonna miss everything here. Could someone please tell Ms. Faraj something for me- will you tell her that I will try to study all of those words but it's just to much. I really haven't had anytime and I really am having trouble with it. Thanks! Anyway, I really miss everybody but I don't want to leave! Guangzhou is really nice and is considered the richer part of China- it's not as great as in America but it's still really nice. I am excited and sad to go...

Today we had to get up early to go to this Buddist Temple. It was really cool. They had these huge statues of the Buddah and we had this ceremony thing too (I was trying so hard not to laugh when we walked out... it was really wierd!) People burn incence to make a prayer to the Buddah. I did one but I obviosly didn't pary to the Budda- to Jesus. Everyone thanked God (or the Buddah-lol!) for their new babies and so did I. They had this big pagoda thing that used to hold the ashes of the original Buddah- although it was burned down numerous time so they were lost. It was originally built 1400 years ago but it was rebuilt once more (after it was burnt down again) around 90 years ago. It is really tall and I think it was 17 stories. I was one of the only ones in our group to climb to the top and the view was amazing. it was really cool! In and around the pagoda people are praying to the Buddah. It was a really neat.

After the temple we went SHOPPING!! Dad went to get a massage- I didn't go because I thought it'd be really awkward becuase men usually do it...yeah... We went to all different types of stores becuase you can get everything REALLY cheap here. We bought lots of things but only limited amounts becuase we don't have enough room in our suitcase. The fun thing about shopping in China is that you get to bargain. I mean, when we went to the jade and pearl market I bargained for 4 bracelets that should have cost around $28 US dollars (which is still REALLY cheap) to $12. You get everything so cheap here and I could spend all of my money if we had enough suitcase room... I wish we did. We took Lexie out to eat at this Deli shop. It was pretty good.

Ok guys- Lexie, for some reason, really like doesn't like me. I mean, she'll laugh with me and smile at me and copy everything I do... but she hits me more than everything. I don't know why and there is really nothing I can do.

For dinner we went to eat on a boat called the Blue Dolphin. We had Papa John's and it was the real thing! i was so happy. I ate a whole stupid pizza and a soda. I feel so fat! I was eating like Ari! lol! On the island, every building on the river bank has lights and lasers and all different kinds of things on it. It is beautiful! I had a lot of fun even though I'm terrified of water/ FISH!

Lexie copies everything that we do. Today she got my Dad's inhaler, shook it, and breathed on it- she didn't inhale anything. It was sooo cute!! She also knows how to brush her teeth w/ the water bottle after she saw my mom do it. Oh! And my Mom had the card key in her mouth and a second later Chi Chi had it in her mouth! It's so funny! She copies everything we do.

Tomorrow we're going to a school early in the morning- I think 9:00. I can't believe I'm leaving in 2 DAYS! It's crazy! I miss you guys!

No comments: