Saturday, November 10, 2007

End of Today- day before we get Lexie!! Ahh!!

Hey ya'll. We visited Tiananmen(idk how to spell it) Square and the Temple of Heaven and this corridor place. We visited the temple of Heaven first. It is a temple that an emperor made to ask the gods for good health, harvest, and to thank them. The emperor would come 3 times a year. The temples are made with cedar wood and they don't use any nails, only glue. The temples are really beautiful. 9, back then, was a lucky number so all of the stairs have 9 and everything is in 9s or multiples of 9s. While we were at the temple, some people came up to me and asked to have their picture with me. The tour guide, Pam, told me that they did that because I had blond hair. In the south of China (where we are going tomorrow!) the people are even shorter and we will really stand out.

The Chinese people are soooo friendly. They act like you are just like family. The corridor place is like a huge park. People go there to just have fun sing, dance, play poker, and all different kinds of games. There was this old man, who had these small ring tipe things. He threw one to me and I caught it to throw it back. We played catch and people started gathering around us. He motioned to me to try to catch the rings around my neck. He threw the first one high in the air and I caught it around my neck. People cheered. He then did the same for the rest of the 5 rings but her gradually got harder and the last one I had to run and then like squat. When we were done he asked to take pictures with us and he was very friendly. There were also people who played music and just started to sing in the middle of no where. People would gather around and join in. They would also dance and make it up as they went and it was very elegant. Old women were also crowded around small tables and were playing cards and gambling. The people were very united and they treat you like family. I really like everyone here.

After that, we went to Tiananmen square. There is a big monument for Chairman Mou who is the one that made communism in China (I think-lol!) and created the one child policy. We were FREEZING!! Tiananmen square is actually HUGE! I'd seen pictures of it and I thought it was big but when you get there it is unbelievably huge. It is as large as 60 football fields. They have these cool statues of people and the buildings there are amazing. There was a small little Asian girl there who was probably 1 1/2 years old. I pointed her out excitedly because that's how big Lexies going to be! We got our picture with her because she was just sooo cute!

We've had a really long day and tomorrow will be even longer! We have to wake up at like 6:30 and have our bags out by our doors at 7:30 for the bell boys. Then we leave for the airport at around 8:30ish. We will be going to Nanchang which is down south. The weather will be like it is in Atlanta and not as freezing as it is here.

I am so excited that WE'RE GETTING LEXIE TOMORROW!!!!! I know that she'll probably be scared of us but I am still very excited. She is sooo cute and I want to get her NOW!! I wish I could talk to ya'll and I really miss you. Ahh! I don't know how I'll sleep tonight!

...I'll put pictures of today on tomorrows post because I have to wait till my Mom wakes up and I don't feel like doing that... lol!

2 comments:

Madison said...

HEYY that is sooo cool baby lexie is soooo cute! i cant wait to see her!

Anonymous said...

omg wow.
you sound like your having a lot of fun.
cant wait to see lexie and hear all about your trip.
we beat holyspirit
it was funn.
cant wait til you get back.
miss you bunches.
loveya
kaitlyn<3