Wednesday, November 28, 2007

M

Hey guys! It's my last night in China and I can't believe it! I'm so sad! I'll tell you all about today because it was really great and I know that Ashley will be happy after she reads this- lol! You'll see!!

Ok, today we got up bright and early to go to a Chinese school. The kids were practicing their English with us. They had the craziest names that they got to choose, Lisa, John, and even Spider. We asked him why that was his name and he said because of Spiderman. I thought of Anthony Papa! I called him Spiderman the whole way around the school. When I was in second and third grade I used to be obsessed with this cartoon show called DragonBallZ- which Spiderman liked! How crazy is that! We became friends.. lol! They had a huge school with lots of plants and even a ZOO on the top... well not a real zoo- but they did have tons of doves, a goat, an ostrich type thing, and even a monkey! It was hilarious.

When we first arrived there we had to tell the kids where we were from and stuff. Our job was to entertain them. For some reason my mom had told a lady that I could sing so Lynn blurted out," Tori should sing for us." It was awful. I had no idea that my mom had told her and I was put on the spot. I couldn't say no now. It was horrible. But I figured that I wouldn't see any of the kids ever again so I did it and it was fine. They cheered for me afterwards so I felt better about it. Then later the music teacher dragged me into her 2nd grade music classroom and I had to sing for them to. It was no big deal but it was really surprising and a weird experience.

Chi Chi loved all of the kids at the school and wouldn't sit still. She was being crazy. I figured out that Lexie thinks it's funny or something when people mess up. If I fall or if she drops something she cracks up. She also still likes to hit me. I know you're happy Ari- lol!

After the school we went back to the hotel for a nap. Lexie was being so cute! She was having lots of fun dancing and singing with me. It was very funny. She was having so much fun.

Oh! I don't know if I mentioned this but last night I was spraying Chi Chi w/ the water sprayer thing and she was cracking up. I mean, she would run away screaming and laughing after I sprayed her and then coming back for more. It was hilarious. I have to show ya'll. Ya'll are gonna love her.

After her nap we did this really important trip (although I don't know WHY it's so important) but we got her visa done. Oh!- never mind, I know why it's important. DUH! She's becoming an American citizen. Brain fart! Ah! Anyway, we had to go to the US embassy and it was a long wait before we had to take this oath thing that all of the information that we gave them was correct. They had a big play area with a sea saw thing, so Lexie was happy.

After that, we went out to dinner with 2 other families.. the 2 families that we had already gone out to dinner w/. By the way... the family that we went out to dinner w/ a while ago, their last name is Chang... I think I made that up or something, idk. Anyway, we had a really fun time and I can't wait to see them again and I hope it's soon.

Before I stop typing I just want to say that my trip in China, however stressful and uneventful as it sounds, was really a great experience. I learned so much more stuff than I could have EVER learned in 2 weeks of school. I mean, who learns anything useful out of a text book! We'll never use the information that we are given in any of the subjects again. But to experience a culture and to really get your hands dirty and to be enveloped in new customs and languages is so much different- you know!! I'm so glad that I went even if I have to do SO much homework!

I'm really not looking forward to the flight tomorrow from Hong Kong to LA. It's 11 hours and I'm scared how Chi Chi will manage sitting down that long. We have 1st class- and not business class- on the flight so it will be a lot better! I'll type on the blog when I get to Hong Kong and tomorrow morning! I miss ya'll so much and I'm so excited to get home.

Oh.. I don't know if I mentioned this but I'm staying a night in LA to have Thanksgiving with some of my family that lives there! It should be lots of fun! I can't wait to see ya'll!

No comments: